This is the Euro version of my replacement of the original Elektor Formant COM module which I used in the NGF project. I discarded the original circuitry because of the TL085 used there with his unusual pinout and the availability of dedicated audio operational amplifiers. I used a more effective filter implementation for tone control. The tone control is derived from "Small Signal Audio Design" by Douglas Self Chapter 15. The maximum output volume is adjustable to protect your PA. You can connect the output directly to active monitors. That's what I am using them for.
Specs and features
- Bass, middle, treble tone control
- Adjustable maximum output volume
- Direct connection to active monitors
- Runs on +/-12V and +/-15V
- Power consumption around 25mA each rail
A description can be found in "Small Signal Audio Design" by Douglas Self Chapter 15.
- Adjust the maximum output level to your needs with TR1
DownloadActive out documentation download
Active out main board Gerber files download
Active out control board documentation files download
Active out control board Gerber files download
Active out *.fpd files download