This logic module was thought to be used for my drum case to combine gates and triggers, scalable from two in one to eight in one. The output of each stage is normalled to the next. Turned out, that you can do a lot more with it. It is usable as half way rectifier, clipper and audio mixer. Besides "OR-ing" the incoming signals together, they are clipped to 5V (easy changeable), mixed together and only the positive voltages are going through. So you can make use of this logic module in audio as well. Rectification, clipping and mixing in the audio domain makes for some interesting sonic experiments.
Specs and features
- Scalable from two in one to eight in one.
- Input signals "OR-ed" together.
- Input signals clipped to 5V (easy changeable).
- Inputs rectified to positive voltage.
- Works well up to audio range.
- Runs on +/-12V and +/-15V
- Power consumption below 30mA positive rail. 5mA negative rail.
Easiest way to look at it is to think of a lot of diodes. All those diodes just OR the signals together. That's it. The incoming signals are clipped to 5V due to the OpAmps working rail to rail from GND to +5V.
- If you want to change the working range and clipping level, replace the 78L05 with the voltage adapter of your need and adapt the series resistors for the LED accordingly.
DownloadOR control board documentation download
OR control board Gerber files download
OR *.fpd file